Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Shout Out for Out Now, Arise and NOL from prison!

Holly got the following letter at home.....these expressions of appreciation are what makes it all worthwhile.


Holly,
  I’d like to begin this letter by introducing myself to you.  I’m 36 years old, Caucasian, male and I was born and raised in between Springfield and  W. Springfield and Chicopee.  Having an alcohol issue since the age of 13 has led me to a life of being in jails and institutions.  I’m not a stalker or a rapist or anything crazy like that.  I drink too much and hit people.  I’ve never been arrested sober in my life.  I’ve just remained angry at the judicial system because instead of getting me help they’ve just locked me up over and over.  But I got them this time cuz I’ve helped myself.  It’s simple, just don’t drink.  I’m a father to a 13 year old boy who has been battling cancer since 3.  He’s doing great right now.  His mother and I were together for 15 years, decided to get married, after 5 months of marriage we divorced and have decided to go our separate ways.  I apologize if I’m giving too much info I just want you to know I’m a normal person…
            So I was reading the republican and came across your name and info for getting arrested at the protests.  Shame on you (smiley face), just kidding. I’ve been in prison for 4 ½ years (I see parole in February) and I think it’s a shame what is happening with the people in our country.  People are homeless and starving but the government would rather spend money rebuilding foreign countries.  Excuse me if I’m totally off track but I have elder parents who have worked their entire lives, they’ve retired now but still have to work part time just to make ends meet.  Recently my father has fallen ill and he’s unable to work.  The bills are piling up and his insurance doesn’t cover all his medications and they cannot get assistance anywhere.
            All this brings me to the purpose for this letter.  I admire you and envy you for putting yourself out there to make a stand for yourself and those who are unable to make a stand for themselves.  Being in prison is somewhat similar because if we do not stand up for our rights we’d be abused mentally and physically on a daily basis.  And it’s good people like you who are standing up for my parents right now due to my absence.  And for that I thank you.  Honestly, I’d like to see this country protest the way some of these other countries do, minus the violence and death.  Though my family isn’t being kicked out of their home my heart goes out to all of those who are going through this struggle.
            So I hope my point has been made.  My appreciation for what you’ve done, your sacrifice.  Though I do not know you I will keep you in my prayers.  If your legal issues become problematic please contact me.  Over the years I’ve learned a bit about the law.
Your friend.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: